Hospitality Furniture — Upholstery & Refinishing Services – Since 1936
Restaurant Upholstery | Booths | Banquettes | Stools | Chairs
QA Group, located in Seattle WA, offers industry-leading, full service Upholstery & Refinishing to all major commercial markets; including hospitality, hotels, architects/designers, government, marine, healthcare, Health Fitness Centers, senior living, and educational markets.
Queen Anne is a company large enough to reupholster and refinish your entire restaurant or complete your lobby re-upholstery project, yet focused enough to handle your daily furniture repair needs with the attention to detail our clients have relied on for over 80 years.
We provide restaurant upholstery, refinishing and wood touchup for bar stools, chairs, tables, booths and banquettes. We have skilled craftsmen to efficiently accommodate your needs, so as to create the least amount of interruption to your daily business.
- Full wood refinishing service
- Wood finish touch-up service
- Mobile Upholstery Unit — We come to you; same day service available
- Chairs, booths, benches, banquettes and bar stools
- Repairs for all types of restaurant upholstery
- Vinyl, leather, fabric and wood repair
- Bar-tops and tables refinished
- Banquets and booths reupholstered
- New restaurant booths manufactured
- Restaurant seat re-upholstery
- Leather restaurant seating
- Durable finishing for restaurant tables
- Restaurant quality fabrics, vinyls, and leathers
Why Re-Upholster / Refinish Your Existing Furniture?
Durability — A quality restoration process will far outlast today’s mass produced factory furniture. “We buy very good furniture, and that’s why it’s worth reupholstering it if we can, and it’s inexpensive to do it” said Phillip Bullard, Director of Facilities for Day Hospitality, which has 14 properties in its portfolio.
Local Service — With much of today’s commercial furniture made overseas, long lead times, inferior quality issues, and lack of “after the sale” service, you’ll appreciate our local approach!
Least Inconvenience to Guest — “We’ll remove one quadrant at a time while the rest remain, and just have a few less seats for that day” said Ron Hildebrand, Director of Purchasing for Crown American. “If we have pieces like a sofa or lobby chairs, we think it’s worth it to reupholster because we can have the work done quicker than we can buy new.”